On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 05:03 AM, Terry Lambert wrote:

It's probably not very useful to talk about doing this until
local caching-only name servers on border servers are capable
of handling the 8-bit, as well.  For the RFC's that FreeBSD
currently complies with, it's right to be strict about this.

I think this is the wrong approach to take with this problem. Linux, Windows, and Solaris do not enforce this restriction. If RFC 952 is being thrown out the window, then why should FreeBSD continue to enforce this restriction? At the moment, the problems I am seeing have little to do with 8-bit data but characters outside of the what RFC 952 allows.

DaveD

To Unsubscribe: send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message