On Thursday 18 September 2003 09:58, Mike Porter wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 September 2003 07:19 pm, John Polstra wrote:
> > On 18-Sep-2003 Doug White wrote:
> >
> > It always used to work to set DESTDIR for both the buildworld and the
> > installworld.  Shouldn't it still?  Personally, I think it is worthy
> > of a PR.
>
> Maybe its just me, but DESTDIR sounds like (and according to the error
> message, appears to act like) the location to place built files in a
> buildworld context.

Check any automake setup: DESTDIR is the install prefix. Of course one is free
deviate from this GNU autotools naming convention.

However - IMO it doesn't serve any purpose during buildworld, as you expect to
set the build location with MAKEOBJDIR (which also sounds like the location
to place built files).
--
Melvyn
FreeBSD ghost.lan.webteckies.org 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE #5: Tue Sep  2