At 11:25 AM 24/11/2003, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>  And for
> sure its an ERX on the other end ?

Actually it's an NRP - it seems Cisco does a better job with their PPPoE
implementation.

OK, thanks. The problem I see is only against an ERX. So either misconfigured ERX or something about Juniper's implementation. As the original poster was connecting against Frace Telecom and I to Bell Canada and given that VJ Header compression also does not play well with FreeBSD's I am leaning to the ERX.

Back to the original question of how best to work around this. I will be deploying close to 100 boxes, most of which will talk to an ERX. It would be nice if I could avoid having to manually patch the boxes each time I do an update. If I work with my programmers here to come up with a patch, is there even a chance that someone would commit it to HEAD and then MFC it back to RELENG_4? Who is looking after PPP these days anyways ?

---Mike