Am Montag, 5. Juli 2004 01:21 schrieb Doug Ambrisko:
> Harald Schmalzbauer writes:
> | I've never tried ataraid with "non-raid" controllers but I doubt that
> | detach/attach would work. I asked S?ren about the missing addspare in
> | -stable but never got any answer.
>
> I've add addspare and some other features in my 4.10 Release patches:
>       http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/ata/ata_stable_sata_5.patch
>
> You might want to give that a try.

Ughh, if I knew that 3 days eralier....

First, thank you very much for wour work, but since I couldn't get a promise
Fasttrak100 tx2 over the weekend (which is very well supported by Sørens
ataraid) I replaced my sil0680 with a hpt372 and played with the original
HighPoint drivers (http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/b372.htm#FreeBSD) and
although the module I'm using is for 4.9, it works flawlessly on 4.10-stable.
Via sysctl hpt37x2.status you can use all functions like with the bios, also
auto rebuild et cetera works perfectly. (alias raidinfo 'sysctl
hpt37x2.status')
The main reason why I couldn't use the hpt37(2) with 4.10 was that if one
drive fails, ataraid removes the drive from the raid configuration. If now
the same drives returnes (like it happens sometimes after a reboot) you have
two (ar0 and ar1) arrays. Now you have to know which drive failed and which
one the controller reports as remaining drive for the original array and dd
(if=/dev/zero of=/dev/ad? count=63) the opposite drive.
Otherwise the system ends up in booting from ar0, which in my case was the
"failed" disk, returning after a reboot, and so I had a inconsistent several
weeks old system.

Your patch my be great for all sil0680 useres but hpt370 users really should
use the manufacturers driver. You can see a dmesg with them at
http://www.schmalzbauer.de/netz/dmesg.korso

Best regards,

-Harry