At 1:02 AM -0400 11/7/04, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
I hate to report an email, but after being laughed at by both
Linux and Windows users, I'm kinda concerned at the lack of
response to my originals ... is this truly the desired behaviour?
And, if so ... can someone put some sort of warning/notice about
it in the man page(s)?

I imagine you received no response simply because several of the main developers have been swamped trying to finish off 5.3. I remember seeing your earlier report, but I don't remember which mailing list it was sent to.

I'll respond enough to say that the behavior you saw seems
undesirable to me.  But I'm not a networking guy, so that doesn't
mean much...

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]