I have a server thats sole purpose for existence is serving a fixed group of
files from a dedicated filesystem. There is a directory tree with about 50K
files that is requested in a random order. I have been trying find the correct
sysctl variable to dedicate more RAM to the filesystem buffer to reduce the
latency in the server caused by the FS reads. Is there such a variable? What is
the variable I should be working with? vfs.maxbufspace is read-only.

TIA
Casey