>All,
>
>I installed 5.3R on one of my systems, but as soon as I attempt to compile
>something (make buildworld), after 10 seconds or so gcc bombs with an
>internal compiler error,
>and/or the machine crashes with a 'fatal trap 12' error. This seems to
>happen at random places.

Had *the same* problem some weeks ago (with 5.3-RC1, 4.10 worked well on that
box), i spent a all weekend trying to solve it, but eventually blame the
hardware and start to plug in and out stuff, nothing changed, so i shutdown
and throw the box from a window, no second tryouts i guess >)

I hope someone can give us some clue, i hate to deal with hardware problems :/