Igor Sysoev wrote:
On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Igor Sysoev wrote:

I've attached an updated version of the patch for 'vnode_pager.c'.  On
my test system it resolved the issue.  Please let us know whether it
works for you as well.

Sorry for the late response: I was ill and have no access to the test machine. I applied the patch to the clean 4.10. The result is the same: the process could not be killed, the file system access is very limited and the system became unresponsible.

Sorry, I applied the patch, but forget to rebuild kernel :).

It seems that patch resolves the problem - the program exits and the system
is working.  I run it several times.  I would also run buildworld on this
system to ensure that the program did not affect VM.

make -j 32 buildworld ran without problems.

Good to hear that it works for you, too. So, one long-standing bug less.

However, the real challenge could turn out to be finding a committer for RELENG_4, now that everybody is working on RELENG_5 and above. I have a number of PRs in GNATS already that are slowly rotting away since apparently nobody is willing to deal with them, even though they all have patches attached. So I stopped submitting PRs for now. Wasted time, unfortunately.

   Uwe
--
Uwe Doering         |  EscapeBox - Managed On-Demand UNIX Servers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://www.escapebox.net