Tom Hukins wrote:

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:08:21PM -0800, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

The handbook seem to give wrong information about ntp and the manual page of ntp.conf is ?old? maybe?

The notrust option obviously changed between v4.1 and v4.2...
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-ntp.html

Thanks for reporting this.  I wrote this part of the Handbook and I'm
about to commit a change to reflect this that should show up on the
Web site in the next day or so.

For more details, see:
http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/ConfRestrict
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/accopt.html

Tom

From NTP.CONF(5), notrust Treat these hosts normally in other respects, but never use them as synchronization sources.

It seems to me that the manual pages are a little bit behind compared to info at http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/accopt.html

notrust
Deny service unless the packet is cryptographically authenticated.

Thanks for the reply.
Evren