On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 02:02, Hannes Mayer wrote:
> I'm trying to capture the parallel port interrupt in a kernel module.
> First I compiled the "skeleton" from:
> http://freebsd.active-venture.com/arch-handbook/driverbasics-kld.html
> and it works well.
>
> Then I googled on how to setup the interrupt handler, also looked at
> the device driver sources of the parallel port driver and I found
> that BUS_SETUP_INTR is used to setup the handler.

I would suggest looking at existing drivers, there's plenty of working example
code 8-)

In FreeBSD there is a parallel port abstraction called ppbus (man 4 ppbus)
which allows different drivers to access the parallel port. Examples of code
that uses ppbus are lpt, vpo, ppi, pps.

I would say the ppi driver is probably a good place to start looking as it's
just a "geek port", and hence isn't very complex.

I just kludged up a version of ppi that you can build outside the tree and
allows you to load and unload (although I haven't actually _tested_ it apart
from load and unload :)

http://www.gsoft.com.au/~doconnor/pphack.tgz

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum