On Jan 13, 2005, at 4:46 AM, Peter Jeremy wrote:

That doesn't totally rule out hardware.  Pattern-sensitive memory
problems may not show up on different operating systems (or even
different kernels).  That said, based on the trap information, I'd
look at a software cause first.

Indeed. I once had a box that would run Linux 100% stable under any load for months on end, but with BSD/OS it would crap out (random processes fail) after a max of 3 weeks requiring a reboot.

Never rule out bad hardware, especially with PC crap.