Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:33:41PM -0600, Jon Noack wrote:
On 02/23/05 21:30, Dan Nelson wrote:
In the last episode (Feb 23), Jon Noack said:
On 02/23/05 20:06, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
My last motherboard burned down to ashes so I got myself a brand
(after 2 weeks) new MSI KT880. I am getting some weird results.

1) fxp intel etherxpress 10/100 network cards report SCB timeout
as well as achieving ridiculously low transfer rates of 600
Bytes/second. Well, I got 10 KBytes/sec once but that does not count
since a side box gets more than 50KB/s ;-) on the same hub. Oh, I've
already switched hub ports, rj45 cables and fxp cards.

Duplex mismatch? You say "hub" and not "switch", so you might need to force the card to half-duplex. Oddly enough, the fxp(4) man page doesn't include half-duplex as a media option. Surely it supports it...

Actually, it is a 5 port switch (10/100 TX). Any thoughts? I can provide as much information as necessary. By the way, another computer using exactly a fxp connected to the same switch works nicely.

Try forcing full-duplex? The output of "ifconfig" would also be helpful (you can sanitize IP and MAC addresses)?

Jon