On Sat, 12 Mar 2005, Dan Ponte wrote:

> I've been seeing lots of ACPI errors in my dmesg lately. They haven't
> really affected functionality (yet!), but I'd like to see them resolved
> nonetheless. I've googled all around, could not find a hint of a
> solution. This machine is an ASUS CUSL2 motherboard with BIOS revision
> 1009. Below is my dmesg.

ASUS motherboards are known to have broken ACPI code so this isn't too
suprising.

>     ACPI-0252: *** Error: No object was returned from
> [\\_SB_.PCI0.PX40.UAR2._STA] (Node 0xc15b8dc0), AE_NOT_EXIST

This appears to be trying to get resource information for uart #2 (sio1).
Since that port probes OK anyway its likely harmless.

If you want to try to clear these up, try a BIOS update first (if
available), then look for a replacement DSDT table. You can use the loader
options described in acpi(4) to load the fixed table.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]          |  www.FreeBSD.org