On Thu, 12 May 2005 16:48:36 +0200, Matthias Buelow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ronald Klop wrote:

It is available. I'm running it on my laptop now.
I've these in my config.

grep apm /etc/rc.conf
apm_enable="YES"
apmd_enable="YES"

Do you have apm(4) compiled into the kernel? I've loaded the module in loader.conf and during boot aswell when I try to use apm(8), I get:

apm: can't open /dev/apm: No such file or directory

kldstat output is the following:

Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1    2 0xc0400000 5dde24   kernel
 2    1 0xc09de000 62b4     apm.ko

The machine is a Compaq Armada m700, kernel is GENERIC from fresh
installation; dmesg output is attached.

Yes, I have apm build into the kernel. Does your machine have apm?
As somebody else mentioned first try if you have ACPI support on your machine. It is a modern, more advanced version of apm. If ACPI works never look at APM again.

Ronald.

--
 Ronald Klop
 Amsterdam, The Netherlands