It is a single processor system. Those cron scripts are to verify whether my processes are run. So, there isn't such simultaneous runs. They are small scripts, that send a SIGCHLD to the processes they are responsible for, and if they don't find the processes running, they restarts them. I've been surprised because this hadn't happened before I upgraded to 5.3-p13. Not only my scripts caused this, even the atrun, which is a default entry in the stock /etc/crontab.

This can happen on SMP machines if you exec a lot of processes at once
(more than 16 simultaneous execs).  5.4 contains the
vm.exec_map_entries tunable that allows you to increase this number.

Kris