Wilko Bulte wrote:
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:12:06PM +0200, Matthias Buelow wrote..

Wilko Bulte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

If you give me $5 per Unix system found there I can retire here and now.

For financial transaction processing, and the customer's accounts?

Yes. Go and visit the London City and check their computer rooms. You will be surprised about the number of UNIX boxes. You don't
think IBM, HP, Sun etc sell their UNIX machines just to ISPs or..?

I hope it's not my bank..

It might very well be your bank..

I'm sorry to say it, but there is a lot of mainframes a quite few unix boxes in the central accounting and transfer departments.

remember that there are a shitload of Cobol Mainframes that are still used by a lot of banks..