Xin LI a écrit :
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 07:53:52PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 03:23:19PM -0700, Mitch Parks wrote:

Below are details regarding another crash on a Dell 2600 SMP (HTT and USB disabled). It has been 9 days since the last crash. I didn't have the serial console in place for this last crash, but it is now.

Text includes:
1. backtrace
2. dmesg
3. kernel conf

Since Dell diagnostics and Memtest check out fine, I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place here. I have a similar 2600 running 4.9 that is working great. I'd welcome any advice.

Unfortunately this is a known bug in FreeBSD; check the archives for
more discussion.  Doug White tried to look at fixing it before
5.4-RELEASE but I think he gave up.

Just curious...

What's the problem?  Is there known steps that can trigger it quickly so
we can grab the bug?

for me, it seems that it is an expect program which connects to a lot of network equipement with "spawn ssh ..." for retrieving some informations. For the moment, I reduced the frequency and the server crash happens much less often.

Cheers,

--
Philippe PEGON