On 7/14/2005 7:57 AM Pertti Kosunen wrote:

Drew Tomlinson wrote:

So where in the boot sequence is GEOM_STRIPE loaded? I'm starting to suspect it's being loaded twice. I have it in /boot/loader.conf which is where I thought it should be. Is there anywhere else to check?

If you have GEOM_STRIPE in kernel do you have to load it from loader.conf?

No. I have tried it both ways. Compiled in kernel and *NOT* in loader.conf. And *NOT* in kernel and load geom_stripe.ko from loader.conf. Same error either way. The only exception is that when GEOM_STRIPE is compiled in kernel, I can't (obviously) use the kldunload/kldload workaround to make the stripe accessible..

I have also tried removing the line that loads the module from loader.conf and *NOT* having GEOM_STRIPE compiled in the kernel. I wanted to see if GEOM_STRIPE still got loaded to test Giovanni Tirloni's theory that the module was being loaded twice. GEOM_STRIPE was not loaded when removed from loader.conf (as expected).

So I'm still stuck. Any other ideas? Thanks for your help. I'll try anything at this point. :)

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse

http://www.alchemistswarehouse.com