James wrote:

I was using version 4.x of freeBSD and it works fine. In a
following days, I decide to change on version 5.4. During on
booting process and detecting hardwares, in a bit of portion my
two (2) Seagate 40G Baraccuda ( Primary Master and Secondary
Master) was not been successfully detected and I dont know why.
This what display on the screen.

For 5.x Version
-------
ata0-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out
ata0-slave: FAILURE - ATAP_IDENTIFY timed out

James,

Have a look at PR kern/79332 <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/79332>. I don't get exactly the same messages as you do but it looks fairly similar. Try building a custom kernel with one of the patches from there and see if it fixes your problem.
Cheers,
   Graham