At 8:43 PM -0700 8/4/05, Mike Eubanks wrote:
On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 19:14 -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

 Hmm.  The more I think about this, the more I think I tripped
 across something similar once.  I think it was something like
 I turned on 'APM' somewhere, or I added it to my kernel, or
 > something.  For power-down, you need to be using ACPI, not APM.
 But from your dmesg output, it looks like you are using ACPI,
 > so I am probably not helping much with that guess either.

Ok, I built APM into the kernel and gave it a few tries, fiddling
with different things.

Sorry, my comments were not as clear as they should have been.
What I meant is that my problem was *caused* by adding APM into
the mix, when it should not have been there.  That's what I
meant by:   For power-down, you need to be using ACPI, not APM.

But all of this is just vague memory anyway.  I haven't had any
problems with my machines powering down for quite awhile now.
(through many different system builds...)

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Systems Programmer           or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]