On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, O. Hartmann wrote:

Hello.

I'm also interested in fixing the omnipresent nve-problems, but reading the manpages for nve(4) reveals the bad circumstance that this driver seems to be 'wrapped' around a Linux binary object. Nvidia obviously isn't willing to offer documentation about the chip's internals so it will be hard to develop an open source driver for this NIC. That sounds to me to get happy with a 'ever GIANT locked' nve NIC using FreeBSD 6.X

The linux forcedeth driver is supposedly quite decent nowadays,
nvidia even helped adding gigabit support. It should be a good source of
information for building an opensource bsd driver.

That said, nvidia just aint too great at building ethernet chips,
if decent performance is a requirement I'd suggest getting something else.

--
Sten Spans

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen - Anthem