On Sunday 28 August 2005 11:57 pm, you wrote:

> For anything over a 9gb disk, I just make one big / partition.  If you
> sub partition, you'll always end up filling one (either /var or /tmp
> quickly or /usr eventually) and wish you had picked different sizes.

This is a very straight-forward way of doing things.  Do you really think that
sysinstall should use a similar method when it attempts to auto-configure a
slice?

From what I understand there are quite valid reasons why you would want a
seperate /, /var, /tmp, and /usr.  For some reason I recall being informed that
more critical filesystems should reside closer to the beginning of the disk.

I'm not too sure why, maybe someone would care to explain why it isn't the best
practice to have a single monster /?  I have simply come to accept this as fact
and wouldn't mind a refresher myself.

-Dino