> You're trying to mount it as a rw disc and as a UFS file system
>
> mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom
>
> Mark Space wrote:
> > Hey, newb BSDer here with a question
> >
> > I've got a brand new 5.4 install.  I'm trying to mount the CDROM.  As
> > root, I type:
> >
> > mount /dev/acd0 /cdrom

Of course, this is dead right and ignore my previous response. You'll find
that the cdrom drive is almost certainly in /etc/fstab as the other
responder mentioned - to mount it with the default fstab options (which
should work just fine):

        mount /cdrom

The way you tried will indeed attempt to mount the device by default as a
rw UFS file system. Sorry for the wrong steer.

joel