At 7:04 PM +0200 2005-10-07, Oliver Fromme wrote:

  > Scrolling is always preferable to clicking since it requires less
  > effort and has a better response time.

 I'm afraid I have to disagree.  Moving the mouse pointer to
 the scroll bar, clicking it and dragging it is definitely
 more effort than simply clicking a link.

It depends on how much bandwidth you have, and how bad the latency is between you and the web server response. If you have infinite bandwidth and the latency is virtually zero, then clicking a link is faster. If you have lower bandwidth and/or higher latency, then scrolling is likely to be better.

        Who are you going to try to optimize the web pages for?

--
Brad Knowles, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

    Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755