John-Mark Gurney wrote:

GENERIC is already so large, that if you want/need a smaller kernel,
you're going to rebuild anyways,
Since I care about that extra 2megs, I recompiled my own kernel,
And the real problem of a big kernel is????
I dont understand exactly why do you have to recompile, unless a new future is needed, like SMP, isnt it?, what harm is doing those extra megs? May be you could clarify on this (for the newbies... :-) ), i always add things to generic instead of cut them down, especially that im not an expert on every future commented there, and i am scared to break working things, openbsd recomends dont recompile, shoul we?
thanks