Just doing a regular make installworld with no -J options anywhere.
Unless that is a default with sh shell or csh shell.

Eric
* Ruslan Ermilov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [051111 10:04]:
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:04:19 +0200
> From: Ruslan Ermilov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: issues with installworld on fbsd6 & libcom_err
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 09:17:10AM -0500, Eric Ekong wrote:
> > I had no errors when building world, but it seems each time I have
> > tried to installworld I come up with the same error.  It shows up in
> > the lib/libcom_err directory.  No matter what shell I try fixes the
> > issue.  I have gone as far as to delete all the directories in /usr/src
> > and re cvsup.  I have no options in /etc/make.conf outside of the
> > ones put there by perl and KERNCONF=KERNELNAME.  Like I said it builds
> > with no problem, but error code 1 outs each time during make
> > installworld.
> >
> You're probably using -jX with installworld.  If so, a fix for this
> has been in HEAD as of a few days:
>
> : ru          2005-11-03 08:56:39 UTC
> :
> :   FreeBSD src repository
> :
> :   Modified files:
> :     .                    Makefile.inc1
> :     share/mk             bsd.info.mk
> :   Log:
> :   Serialize access to the info/dir file; needed for parallel installs.
> :
> :   Reported by:    scottl
> :
> :   I'm not very fond of using the non-standard lockf(1) here, but I
> :   have no better idea at the moment.  NetBSD uses ln(1) to create a
> :   lock file, but this approach can result in a deadlock if make is
> :   interrupted, leaving an orphaned lock file.
> :
> :   Revision  Changes    Path
> :   1.514     +1 -1      src/Makefile.inc1
> :   1.72      +1 -0      src/share/mk/bsd.info.mk
>
> I'm not happy with this because it broke NFS installs.  Once I find
> a proper fix, I will also make sure to MFC it to RELENG_6.
>
> > ===> lib/libcom_err (install)
> > install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libcom_err.a /usr/lib
> > install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444   libcom_err_p.a /usr/lib
> > install -s -o root -g wheel -m 444     libcom_err.so.3 /usr/lib
> > ln -fs libcom_err.so.3 /usr/lib/libcom_err.so
> > install -C -o root -g wheel -m 444
> > /usr/src/lib/libcom_err/../../contrib/com_err/com_err.h
> > /usr/src/lib/libcom_err/../../contrib/com_err/com_right.h /usr/include
> > install -o root -g wheel -m 444 com_err.3.gz  /usr/share/man/man3
> > ===> lib/libcom_err/doc (install)
> > install-info --quiet  --defsection="Programming & development tools."
> > --defentry="* libcom_err: (com_err).        A Common Error Description
> > Library for UNIX."  com_err.info /usr/share/info/dir
> > install-info: /usr/share/info/dir: empty file
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcom_err/doc.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/lib/libcom_err.
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > Stop in /usr/src/lib.
> [...]

Eric I. Ekong                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve     http://www.freebsd.org
K Desktop Environment on FreeBSD http://freebsd.kde.org

Laws of Serendipity:

        (1) In order to discover anything, you must be looking for
            something.
        (2) If you wish to make an improved product, you must already
            be engaged in making an inferior one.