On Nov 11, 2005, at 12:51 , Amit Rao wrote:
0) Upgrade to Seagate 10K.7 drive firmware level 0008. That seems to help. One "ahd sequencer error" message still appears at boot, but after that it seems to work (with your fingers crossed).

Of course, you then spend far too much time ensuring that any replacement drives are flashed appropriately (which, afaict, *requires* Windows to do), and also running the gauntlet of further problems down the road when you throw the drives into a new machine with a subtly different HBA bios.

No thanks, I'll stick with option (2). A few more months, and Seagate drives will be a nice distant memory that I can look back on in a few years, and laugh nervously about.

-aDe