Hi list,

I tried to install i386 6.0 a few times now, but every time the hardware intitialization freezes at the same point.

After detecting my 2 ide channels with their slave and master drives attached, the system stops acting or reacting on anything, except that acpi prompts that it is not ready to shutdown if i hit the powerbutton on the machine.

The system remains in this state until i do a "hard" power-off.

Are there any suggestion what might be the cause of this?
If you need further information, just tell me.

Thanks
Timm