On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Julien Gabel wrote:

Running the Citrix ICA wfcmgr (from ports) to change settings, e.g.
password, for connection to a Windows terminal server hangs FreeBSD 6.0
(as of Nov 4) quite consistently. I've tried this on one of my 6.0
systems at home and a 6.0 system here at work. I suspect it may have
something to do with Linux emulation however until I dig into this more
I won't know for sure.

The only way to "unhang" the system is to press the reset switch.

For fun, try updating to RELENG_6. I committed a fix recently for a hang thats caused by doing 'ls /dev' in the linuxulator.

I think you got it. After rebooting under a fresh 6.0-STABLE (build on Mon Nov 14 05:39:01 CET 2005), the problem didn't appear again... no more need for a serial console on this machine, i think :)

Sounds like a good MFC candidate, assuming it can be MFC'd non-disruptively.

Robert N M Watson