vizion wrote:
Thiis was originally Upgrading 5.3 > 6.0 buildworld failure now in libmagic
And on Mike Shultz recommendation I have relabeled the topic

(mass snippage)

I have not tried to upgrade directly from 5.3 -> 6.0 (however, I did do 5.4 -> early 6-current a few months ago, so this is topic of interest for me).

I guess I would recommend doing this:

1) Work out how to successfully perform the upgrade (using help from this list).

2) Note what changes are needed to the upgrading section of the Handbook, patch the src SGML, and submit said patch to freebsd-doc.

I should add that I have not actually tried this plan myself - however I have been involved in a similar sort of thing with Postgresql - their docs list guys were very receptive to some patches I submitted. I suspect the Freebsd folks would be too.

Cheers

Mark