Gary Kline wrote:
On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:59:09PM +0000, Joao Barros wrote:

On 12/16/05, Scott Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

FreeBSD 7
We will start preparing for FreeBSD 7.0 in June 2007.

I'll hopefully update the release engineering pages soon to reflect
this.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me and the
rest of the release engineering team.  Thanks!ott

There have been some questions on the lists about what to expect from
release x.y and I personnally have always looked at the TODO list like
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/todo.html
For 6.0 I noticed there were more updates on that page for bugs and
their fixes than for features per se. My sugestion, maybe at a first
stage setting the TODO list has it's advantages, one knows what to
expect from a release, it's clearly stated and documented there and
the developers can see their goals.
This is valid for minor and major releases of course.

How about it?

        Are you volunteering to post the TODO lists here on -stable
every N months? I think it's a great idea to have some clues about where we're going, or hope to be going.
        gary

The release TODO list is maintained on the FreeBSD.org website, though it's usually only active during release cycles. I used to also email it
out in text format to the mailing lists on a weekly basis.

Scott