On 12/13/05, Oliver Fromme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply ...
>
> Torfinn Ingolfsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Highpoint RocketRAID 1640    (4 ports)
>  > Promise FastTrak S150 SX4    (4 ports)
>  > Promise FastTrak S150 SX4-M    (4 ports)
>  > Highpoint RocketRAID 1810A    (4 ports)
>  > Highpoint RocketRAID 1820A    (8 ports)
>  > Intel RAID Controller SRCS16    (6 ports)
>  > [...]
>  > 1) can I install several 4-port RAID controllers in one machine?
>
> Yes.
> There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that.

Hmm... I have to ask if you (or anyone else) has actually done this.
I attempted to run two Highpoint cards in the same machine about a
year ago, and the Highpoint driver became extremely confused. They
were nowhere near the same card (one was IDE, the other was a 1640),
but the driver seemed to be having difficulty seperating the drives.
Only one of the setup screens would appear on boot.  I tried different
combinations of PCI slot locations and specific instructions to the
driver to no avail.  I ended up using g/vinum for the IDE drives.
I don't exactly remember the other card's model, but the 454 looks likely.

--Joe