On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:34, Stefan Juhl wrote:
> Is anybody able to boot FreeBSD 5.x-STABLE from a ATAPI ZIP 750 .?
>
> I tried to, but it didn't work.

"it didn't work" is a pretty useless error message.

What happened? Is your BIOS set to boot off that device? Can it boot from it?
Have you tried another OS on it?

If it looks like a hard disk I would think it *should* work as long as the
partition FreeBSD is installed onto is set to be bootable.

How did you partition and label the disk?
I've booted FreeBSD from a Jazz drive but it was a long time ago (and on SCSI
ISTR)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum