On Jan 6, 2006, at 4:40 AM, James Long wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that little tiny "UDP requests" note in the -h docs
too.  There's no reason to bind to all tcp addresses, and it is
causing me heartburn for getting the server certified...

Good grief, why not just firewall off the undesired UDP ports and call
it good?

I guess we could take that band-aid approach... however, how do you know what port RPC decides to listen on other than the 111 port? It is more or less random. That makes it very difficult to firewall.