Peter Hoskin wrote:
Mark Kirkwood wrote:

Unfortunately the sii 3112 is a bit of a horror....numerous people have experienced issues with it (web search on "sii 3112 data corruption" makes quite interesting reading).

I seem to recall a posting suggesting that some success might be had with just 1 SATA channel (i.e 1 disk) attached, however I can't find it offhand.

Cheers

Mark

*sigh*

I guess I'll be taking the card back and getting some PATA -> SATA adaptors.

I need two drives as I wish to do a mirrored RAID, which with this card seems to be out of the question.

Regards,
Peter Hoskin

The Promise 2 channel cards (TX2200, TX2300) seem to work quite well (and are reasonably cheap).

regards

Mark