In fact i forgot this but I disabled acpi and apic (i don't even know what apic is) in my current config, i tried different configurations like disabling only acpi but the current proved to be the best. Without disabling any of these the system nearly freeze everytime at same point as described in my firt message.

What is really annoying is that I have absolutely no idea of what is wrong how i could make things better, since the system is designed to be deployed in closed server rooms at the client company if the server freeze we are in great troubles if noone is around :\

Trying with freebsd 5.4 would really be hard to do and to maintain since my host system is under freebsd 6 (the computer i build compact flash system image on) so i would really prefer another option.