secmgr wrote:

Anton Nikiforov wrote:

Today we were changing power supply so we shut all servers down at 17:00.

After changing of UPS we start everything up and my LSI controller starts to claim that disk and NVRAM configuration mismatch.

Okay, not really a FreeBSD issue. Which adapter are you using? They made more than one ;').
Currently i'm away from the server and can read only dmesg from equivalent one (that is up now) amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID 1.51> mem 0xfc0f0000-0xfc0fffff irq 28 at device 10.0 o
n pci3
amr0: <LSILogic MegaRAID SCSI 320-1> Firmware 1L19, BIOS 1.04, 64MB RAM
But i do not remember the exact card name :(

After rebooting (via simple exitting the configuration console withiut changing anything), server stopped to claim that configuration mismutch, but shows 0 Logical drives configured (while before i have had 2 drives):
Raid1 for the OS (2*140GB drives)
Raid5 for the data (3*140GB drives)
And one 140GB drive as a hot spare disk
LSI FW version is G119 from Aug 27 2004

I suspect the raid1 drives are probably the most recoverable. Have you actually tried setting one of them as a jbod and booting from it? the raid5 set is a different matter.
jbod? What do you mean? just to attache them to the plain SCSI controller and try to boot? (it should not work because they have LSI format of some kind i think). Or there is a way to do this on the controller itself? And because of multiple Hot Spare disks were used (drives were migrating) i'm not sure which drive is the RAID1 part and which is Hot Spare.

And the matter is that i do not care alot about RAID1 (it is OS), but i do care about RAID5 - it is data.

Best regards,
Anton

jim