On Mar 6, 2006, at 4:19 PM, Ian Dowse wrote:

There are a lot of steps to the boot process so it can be confusing
- the command you wanted was disklabel, not boot0cfg. The boot0cfg
program installs boot0, which is a 512-byte boot manager that you

Yow. Thanks for the clarification. I guess 10 years of experience with running these boxes is just not enough :-(

Perhaps UPDATING needs clarification as to which command to use to update boot blocks, because I'm *sure* it will bite others too.

Thanks again.  This was a very helpful post for me.