Mike Jakubik wrote:
jason wrote:
I'm trying to get imap-uw built on 5.4-RELEASE so that it wil allow plaintext logins. (All connections will be from localhost so I'm not concerned with SSL) But it doesn't want to behave itself. I've tried building it this way:

This belongs more on the ports mailing list, not stable. I don't know why you have this problem, but i would suggest you use dovecot or courier as an imap server instead.

Not to beat an off-topic horse, but...

When I switched from Courier IMAP to Dovecot, I saw a huge increase in performance. Dovecot uses index files that prevent it from having to continually scan a mailbox for every request. For my largest folders (30,000+ messages), Dovecot was *at least* an order of magnitude faster.

-Jonathan

--
Jonathan Noack | [EMAIL PROTECTED]