Hello!

On Wed, 17 May 2006, Dimitry Andric wrote:
(INVARIANTS removed) RELENG_6 (and 5) _still_ uses >= 50% of CPU time
for (Intr+Sys), while RELENG_4 doesn't use more than 28% for them.

Just as a test for RELENG_6, could you try setting kern.hz="100" in your
loader.conf, and repeating your tests?  I'm just guessing, but maybe the
higher interrupt rate is a bit too much for an old Celeron... :)

This (setting kern.hz="100" in loader.conf) was actually the first thing that I've done in order to get fair comparison. My numbers are got with
hz = 100 for every RELENG_x (x=4,5,6).

Cheers,
Dimitry

Sincerely, Dmitry