On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Atanas wrote:

A workaround is to power both of the systems down and then power them up. This however cannot be done remotely and in case there were IP aliases, they still don't get any traffic.

see 'arping' ... great little tool, solved all my problems as far as moving around IPs ...

I still have many 4.x based machines, and both em issues (the card reset on each alias and the arp packets not been sent when going down) were present when I was doing my tests.

Right, what version of 4.x? The one that I have working is from ~Feb 2005 .. if I were to upgrade that to the latest 4-STABLE, it would break like the rest ... the older 4.x had a different em driver in the kernel then the newer one ...

----