At 04:55 PM 10/07/2006, User Freebsd wrote:

'k, I know nothing about Cisco but do have access to change my configs (knowing nothing tends to keep me from doing too much playing) ... what does the above do, exactly?

Spanning tree is there to prevent switch loops as well as allow for redundant paths with switches among other things. If you are just putting a non bridge device in the port it should be safe to put the switch port in portfast mode so when there is a link transition, the port does not block traffic for 20 seconds on that vlan.

        ---Mike