On 7/27/06, Don Wilde <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 7/27/06, Max Laier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [Please don't top-post]
>
> On Thursday 27 July 2006 21:01, Don Wilde wrote:
> > Yes, I have. I just did another CVSup, and when I recompiled -kmod it
> did
> > indeed put a bunch of .ko files in /build/modules, but a) I still get
> > whole bunch of Can't load firmware complaints, and b) it doesn't work.
> It
> > goes through the DISCOVER process, but doesn't get any offers it
> > recognizes. I've tried this both with an open DHCP and also with my
> > parameters wired in.
> >
> > Hardware notes: Dell 6100 Inspiron with 2200G iwi. I have heard from
> > another gent who has a 2200G pci card and is having the same problem
> with
> > STABLE.
> >
> > This all was working two weeks ago.
>
> Just to get the facts straight and assembled in one place:
>
> You are running a somewhat recent RELENG_6, have net/iwi-firmware-kmod
> installed and "device iwi" and "options firmware" built into your
> kernel?
>
> When do you get the "Can't load firmware" messages?  What does kldstat
> [-v]
> say before and after that point?  Can you try "kldload iwi_bss" before
> and
> see if that gets you up and running?
>
> > On 7/27/06, Mark Willson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Have you tried using the firmware from iwi-firmware-kmod, rather
> than
> > > iwi-firmware. I am using the former on a Thinkpad T42 and it is
> working
> > > ok.

Hi, Max -

I did so, and it appears that the module is already loaded. It seems that
the problems occur because my system is also trying to load the old firmware
somehow.

A more disturbing issue is that my rc.conf seems to be being read twice. I
see the kldstat reports (with my echo commands) being printed four times
instead of the two I'm requesting. Attached are my rc.conf and dmesg.

Okay, I've gotten it working with all encryption off (raw DHCP). All the
nasty messages went away, so I'll see what's changed in the ifconfig
options.

ifconfig_iwi0="DHCP ssid rewired channel 11 authmode shared weptxkey 1
wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890"

Can anybody spot it off the top?