Mike Jakubik wrote:

Dominic Marks wrote:

Jerome Sobecki wrote:

Hi all,

We have here some Supermicro Superserver 5015P-TR
(http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015P-TR.cfm)

Those servers, with a ICH7 controler, are currently working with FreeBSD
6.1 and everything seems ok, except that it's the third time, on two
different machines, that the system crash because it lost is hard drive.

I have two Supermicro PDSMi MB servers in productions and i am also experiencing mysterious disk loses. The system continues to function fine, as i am using gmirror, however something strange is going on. Sometimes the disks come back, sometimes i need to reboot the system to get them back. I am using Seagate ST3160812AS 3.AAE drives. The drives reports no SMART errors, and the cables are secure. The drives are attached to a hot swap back plane.

I have same problem on ASUS RS120 with Seagate ST3250820AS/3.AAC drives (disk loses, system reboots, slow read/write speed), but I think this is drive problem - all drives has high Reallocated_Sector_Ct value in SMART (above 130 reallocated sectors after few weeks, some drives has more then 100 after few days). Please let me now, if you also have nonzero Reallocated_Sector_Ct in smartctl -A output.
I will test those servers with brand new Samsung drives, hope that it helps.

Miroslav Lachman