On 8/16/06, Vlad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I get this type of messages in on my FreeBSD.
ad4: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (1 retry left) LBA=70938623
Under steady IO load it panics, that started when we changed SATA
controller (FreeBSD detects it as SiI 3512). I've tried to switch
ports, cable, move card into a different PCI slot, disable ata dma in
/boot/loader.conf - nothing helps.

I had similar problems under 5.x and 6.x with a SI3112. My testing and
investigations back then suggested that some combinations of hardware
and the SI3112 just "don't get along" and I solved it by getting rid
of it.

/JMS