Johnie Wong wrote:
Dear All,

I am the user of FreeBSD 6.1. Recently, i buy a new server for my company which is a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz) with Intel D946GZIS mainboard, 2GB Consair DDR2 Ram, 3Ware 9500S-4LP, and 4X Seagate 250GB SATA II Harddrive. But when i install the on-board LAN card driver by activating the default fxp option, it is invisible.

That board is really new, so I would guess you have a new network
controller with a PCI ID FreeBSD doesn't know about yet.  It's a pretty
common occurrence, especially with Intel NICs. Post the complete output of `pciconf -lv` (preferrably as an attached text file) and someone will see if this is the case.

--
Darren Pilgrim