Quoting Dan Lukes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (from Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:40:48 +0200):

        I'm using 6-STABLE (and 5-STABLE previously) on some unimportant
computers and I'm reposting observered problems (mostly with offer of
patch).

The trick is to make some noise and get the attention of a committer. Tell the people you know about problem X and that you have a patch to fix it. This may result in some posts of other people which try your patch and report that it works for them. The probability that someone without the possibility to test this will commit it is higher if there are several people which tell it works, than when the fix is only sitting in Gnats.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Woman would be more charming if one could
fall into her arms without falling into her hands.