Hello!

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Andrew Reilly wrote:
How would I be able to tell?  tunefs -p lists ACLs and MAC

[EMAIL PROTECTED] dumpfs /|head -1
magic   11954 (UFS1)    time    Thu Oct 26 17:53:53 2006

Yes, this is for RELENG_4 compatibility.

multlabel and soft updates, but of those only soft updates is
enabled, so I don't know if that is conclusive.  Did UFS2 give
us anything beyond ACLs and largeness?  bsdlabel, mount and df
don't seem to give any particular indication...

I've found file creation time (UFS2-only recent addition, see e.g. ls -U) _very_ useful. It always made me wonder why UNIX doesn't support such a
basic and useful functionality (all DEC's ODS-* filesystems support it IIRC).
Now I can e.g. issue 'ls -lU /var/db/pkg' and this will show when each package
was _installed_ (and not _modified_ as plain 'ls -l' shows). For UFS1 ls -lU
always gives "Jan  1  1970" ;)

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator