Thomas, do you think this could be related to the problem I= had with
   atapi_cam slowing my machine down to an unuseable state?

   &n= bsp;

   Thanks Adam.
   On Thu Oct 26 9:18 , Thomas Qui= not sent:

 > Well, I'm having problems with that. I built a new kernel
     with all the
 > CAM debugging options enabled (otherwise it's GENERIC), but
     this one <= br />
 > would panic as soon as I load the atapicam
     module if I load it
     =
 > manually, or as soon as drive detection starts if the boot
     loader load= s

 > it. I've had a look at the dump with kgdb, and it appears
     that a

 > null-dereference happens in line 4205 of sys/cam/cam_xpt.c:
     path2 is <= br />
 > NULL.

 OK, sorry for the delay, can you apply the attached patch and
     try again?

 Thomas.