On 11/4/06, Torfinn Ingolfsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:17:33 -0500
Matt Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>     I have a machine that just had a new HD added to it as ad1 and I
> want to ADD this new disk onto the already existing /usr partition.
> What's the best and safest way to do it?

In my experience, there are only a handful of directories in /usr that
uses lots of disk space.
And they are related to two things:
- building the system (/usr/src and /usr/obj)
- building ports (/usr/ports, more specifically /usr/ports/distfiles)

/usr/local
/usr/X11R6
/usr/home (or just /home)

try du -d1 -h /usr to see where the biggest stuff things etc are.